Praise Reports for July 7th
- Today’s morning worship was a real blessing. In the words of Pastor Derek Morris, “Mathilde Frey shared the Good News at the morning devotional in the Alamodome. We are never alone (Jn 14:18).” Praise the Lord!
- Nominating committee members, as well as administrative leadership, have shared that they can tell that prayers are making a difference. (Praise the Lord! We still have a few more days of Session, so keep praying!)
- God blessed in the discussion on Fundamental beliefs today. Closing remarks by Dr. Stele, General VP, said: “I am proud of my church which is really committed to the Word of God.”
- Continuing to hear inspiring reports from the Divisions around the world. Last night it was shared how a former prison inmate, who served 17 years in prison, has now led 1200 former gang members to Jesus. (This came in the Inter-American Division report.)
- We’ve also had a number of inspiring testimonies of God’s blessing in the prayer room, from burdens being lifted, to even a young boy that has decided after visiting the prayer room that he wants to learn how to have a relationship with Jesus.
- Also many have shared testimonies of how God convicted them to come here to GC to pray, and how God then provided for them to come. Praise the Lord for all these reports. We can’t keep up with them all!
- So we continue to praise God for the many showers of blessings and answers to prayer in the prayer room!
Prayer Request for July 8th
- Please pray for morning worship message: “Through Trials to Triumph: The Advent Movement and His Return” which Alain Coralie, associate executive secretary of the East-Central Africa Division, will be giving.
- The entire day’s business session for July 8th will be dedicated to the question of whether divisions should make provision for the ordination of women in their respective territories. (Please pray for a sweet spirit to be manifested throughout the day and the discussion.)
- The question that delegates will be asked to vote on is: “After your prayerful study on ordination from the Bible, the writings of Ellen G. White, and the reports of the study commissions, and; after your careful consideration of what is best for the church and the fulfillment of its mission, is it acceptable for division executive committees, as they may deem it appropriate in their territories, to make provision for the ordination of women to the gospel ministry? Yes or No.” (Please pray that God will give divine wisdom to the delegates as they answer this question. Pray that God’s will be done!)
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to fill the dome and when people walk into the building tomorrow morning, instead of anticipating problems or coming in complaining, pray that they will come to the meetings with hearts of praise for the great and mighty God that we serve. He is still on the throne, and this is HIS church!
- Pray for the reports which will be delivered by the Southern Africa-Indian Ocean Division (SID), South Pacific Division (SPD), and the Southern Asia-Pacific Division (SSD).
- Pray for God’s strength, patience, and endurance for all!
- Pray that Jesus prayer from John 17 may be fulfilled, that we may be ONE!
To watch the GC Session on HOPE Channel via LIVESTREAM, click here for the airing schedule.