Praise Reports for July 11th
- Happy Sabbath from San Antonio!!! Truly it has been a HAPPY Sabbath! 😉
- It is estimated that 60,000+ joined us for Sabbath Services in the Alamodome here in San Antonio today, where we experienced a powerful worship service together. (Imagine what it will be like when we can all worship together in heaven!)
- God blessed Elder Wilson this morning as he delivered a convicting message for the Divine service titled, “Cross the Jordan…Don’t Retreat!” (To read this message, click here.)
- Something else really special about today is all the amazing testimonies we have heard. The following are a few of our favorite stories that we are praising God for today:
- This morning, Dr. Moskala, a dentist serving in Bangladesh, testified about a young boy being raised from the dead. Praise the Lord, we serve a God that is still ALIVE today!
- A former Muslim shared how he became a converted Seventh-day Adventist Christian. His wife prayed for seven years that he’d become a Christian. Prayer works! We must not give up!
- In the afternoon “Church in Mission” program, a woman from China shared how she has planted 10 churches and 500 have been baptized as a result.
- Also another man from China, who pastors 40 churches with a total of 4,300 members, shared how he was not raised Christian. In fact, his father was a persecutor of Christians and for years would take Christians to prison when he caught them worshipping God. However, his father was so impacted by the sweet manner of the Christians who he had imprisoned, that after 12 years of watching these Christians, he gave his life to Christ and led his children to the foot of the cross. The pastor that shared this testimony is one of those children. Now he not only pastors 40 churches, but he’s also overseen the building of a major health center that has ministered to over 5,000 people over the past 15 years. Of those 5,000 who have come through their health center doors, 1,200 have been baptized. This is another amazing testimony of the powerful entering wedge of the health arm of the gospel.
- Many more testimonies have been shared today, from a street-side trumpet and preaching ministry with a family in the Congo, to Youth in Mission, Global Youth Day, and pathfinder testimonies from all around the world! We praise God for seeing so many young people on fire for Christ. As Elder Wilson shared today, “We are so proud of our young people!” AMEN, Praise the Lord!
- Another praise report this afternoon is that Hope Channel shared how 8 new channels will be opened up around the world. Elder Wilson cut the ribbon and gave a prayer of dedication.
- In the prayer room this morning, we had more blessings! Bursting at the seams again, because of too much traffic, the Alamodome Fire Marshall threatened to close our doors. However, we were able to move a divider wall and make the room twice as big. What a blessing! (As it turns out, we’ve had over 8,000 prayer request cards turned in, and many more people visited the prayer room that did not write out their prayer request. So we praise God!)
- On an interesting note, Elder Wilson reported that San Antonio authorities say this is one of city’s largest conferences they have ever hosted, and they have had no problems with us. We praise God for this testimony.
- Thousands continue to signing up for the new Bible reading Believe His Prophets and United in Prayer initiative which starts tomorrow. We praise God for this, and we encourage you to continue to share with your family and friends that many more can be part of this journey with us!
- Our final Sabbath evening ended with a grand finale featuring “Mission on the Move,” formerly known as the “Parade of Nations.” Many people shared with us that they are going back inspired and revived! We praise the Lord!
- “Arise! Shine! Jesus is coming! Let’s get ready to meet Him!”
Dear Prayer Partners,
THANKS for BEING PART of 100 Days of Prayer! While we have received many blessings, there are many blessings that we are still waiting for…especially that mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon our church. But not one prayer has been wasted.
Consider the following thought from Inspiration.
“When the Third Angel’s Message shall go forth with a loud voice, the whole earth shall be lightened with His glory, the Holy Spirit is poured out upon His people. The revenue of glory has been accumulating for this closing work of the Third Angel’s Message. The prayers that have been ascending for the fulfillment of the promise, the descent of the Holy Spirit, not one has been lost. Each prayer has been accumulating, ready to overflow and pour forth a healing flood of heavenly influence and accumulated light all over the world.” Letter 96a 1899, p. 2.
Here’s one more promise:
“There is no danger that the Lord will neglect the prayers of His people. The danger is that in temptation and trial they will fail to persevere in prayer.” Christ Object Lessons, p. 175
So let’s keep praying!
The first United in Prayer e-mail will be sent sometime later tomorrow. It will also be viewable on www.100daysofprayer.org. Thanks for your patience as we finish up GC Session details and modifying and updating the website for this new initiative. While we have many exciting plans, it will still take some time to evolve.
In the meantime, let’s continue to pray for our church leaders and delegates as they return to their homes! We are also praying for all of you! Stay strong in the Lord, and thanks to so many of you that came by the prayer room to pray with us. It was such an honor to get to meet so many of you.
FORWARD ON OUR KNEES!
100 Days of Prayer Coordinator